Laser surface cleaning is the removal of contaminants on the surface of the tooth by physically removing the upper layer of the substrate using laser irradiation. A laser pulse at high power is aimed at the surface to clean the teeth. It works in five different ways:
- The material layer or coating is removed by the laser beam
- Removes material in a highly selective way
- Strong and short powerful bursts mean faster removal and less discomfort
- It's environmentally friendly
- Laser cleaning doesn't use abrasive materials
Why do you need laser cleanings?
It is proven to be effective at restoring the health of gums. Allowing patients to keep their teeth as they grow older. This minimizes the risk for other health concerns, including oral cancer.
What are the benefits of using laser treatments for cleanings?
- Assist with preventing gum disease
- Removes infectious tissues
- Disinfects the gums and surrounding areas
- Less tooth sensitivity and recession
- Faster healing after cleaning
What is the procedure for laser cleanings?
Dental lasers emit powerful beams of light. The dentist uses this beam of light on the oral cavity to get rid of the plaque and tartar on the teeth or eliminate the infected and inflamed gum tissue surrounding the teeth. With the help of the laser, tooth decay and gum infections can be removed easily.
The laser can also help reduce bleeding or infection due to its property of sterilizing and sealing blood vessels. The patient is sent home with follow-up instructions to maintain the gums and teeth. The tissue removed with laser starts regenerating during the healing process. The use of laser for cleanings makes the whole treatment process more comfortable and less invasive.
This method of dental cleaning is painless as the dentist does not even administer anesthesia in most cases. Additionally, the process is not much time-consuming as compared to other traditional procedures. This efficient technique of getting rid of debris from the teeth makes patients fall for laser dental cleaning.
Call us at (949) 642-1033 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Laser Cleanings.