What is Twilight Dentistry?
Sedation comes in different forms. Rather than paying a high price for an anesthesiologist to come into the practice, twilight sedation provides various methods of sedation and process of sedation where you feel like you're in a dreamlike state of deep relaxation. This method is intended to last the entire duration of your dental procedure.
Twilight Sedation with Nitrous Oxide
Commonly referred to as laughing gas, nitrous oxide promotes a deep sense of relaxation and calmness. The effects of nitrous oxide wear off within minutes of discontinuation and allow the patient to recover quickly. Unlike IV sedation, patients can typically drive themselves home from their appointment, eliminating the need to have a friend or family member accompany them. A mixture of nitrous oxide with a prescribed sedative is one of the best ways to help patients who suffer from extreme dental anxiety.
Who are in need of Twilight sedation?
- Patients who undergo multiple dental treatments in one session can avail of twilight sedation.
- Those who are suffering from anxiety or panic disorder.
- It can be used in the treatment of patients who have a phobia of needles.
- It is very convenient to treat patients who have autism, dementia, or Parkinson’s disease.
- Complex dental problems can be performed under sedation.
- It helps people who have sensitive teeth and also suffer from stress.
- It comes in handy for patients who experience difficulty in getting numb.
Call us at (949) 642-1033 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Twilight Dentistry.